Friday, January 7, 2011

What I'm Reading This Weekend

Matched
by Ally Condie

This is a young adult dystopian novel...my favorite genre! I read the free sample on the Nook and it sounds really good. It's about a girl in a future society where the government makes all of the decisions for people (sort of like in The Giver), including who they are "matched" with to marry. However, the main character, Cassia, is mysteriously matched with two boys -- does that mean the government made a mistake?

 
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
by Stieg Larson

I've had this book recommended to me almost ten times, so I guess it's time to buckle down and read it. From what I've gathered it's a sort of action-packed detective-type novel that is very, very Swedish and very, very hard to explain. I guess I'm in for either a trip or a treat.



 The Seeker's Guide to Harry Potter
by Geo Athena Trevarten, PhD

Another look at the symbolism and themes in the series.